|Into the Badlands|
|Run||November 15, 2015 – present|
"Into the Badlands" is set centuries from now, where a feudal society has emerged and the strongest and most brutal rose to wealth and power. This area came to be called the Badlands, and is divided among seven rival Barons who control the resources necessary to daily life and enforce their rule with the aid of loyal armies known as Clippers. Clippers enjoy status and comforts the general population can only dream of, and they are willing to sacrifice their lives in service to their Barons. Few Clippers ever live to see their 30th birthday, but Sunny (Daniel Wu) is no ordinary Clipper. Demonstrating lethal proficiency in martial arts, Sunny rose swiftly through the ranks to become Quinn’s (Marton Csokas) Head Clipper and most trusted adviser.
For decades, Quinn has been unchallenged as the Badlands’ most powerful Baron, but the territory’s newest Baron, The Widow (Emily Beecham), has begun staging brazen attacks on Quinn’s transport vehicles and is testing his appetite for a fight. One of those attacks leads Sunny to M.K. (Aramis Knight), a teenage boy who has survived a deadly ambush. Sunny soon comes to understand that the teen harbors a dark secret and has a hefty bounty on his head. As The Widow continues her campaign against Quinn, the destinies of the stoic assassin and the impetuous teenager become intertwined. In their evolution as teacher and student, each will discover his true purpose; together, they will embark on an odyssey that could mean the difference between chaos and enlightenment for everyone in the Badlands.
- Daniel Wu as Sunny
- Orla Brady as Lydia: Quinn’s first wife, the Baroness who runs her domain with an iron grip.
- Sarah Bolger as Jade: A porcelain beauty who masks her ambition with fragile innocence.
- Aramis Knight as M.K.: No longer a boy but not yet a man, M.K. is fearless and tests Sunny’s patience on a daily basis. Under Sunny’s tutelage, M.K. will become a martial artist of unrivaled skill.
- Emily Beecham as The Widow: A regal beauty and a cunning strategist with extravagant, high fashion taste who has gained power the old-fashioned way – she’s spilled blood for it.
- Oliver Stark as Ryder: The warrior’s son Ryder who has not lived up to his father’s expectations.
- Madeleine Mantock as Veil: A beguiling beauty and Sunny’s lover. She is a doctor who specializes in making and applying prosthetic limbs for Clippers (squads of assassins) who have lost them.
- Ally Ioannides as Tilda: One of The Widow’s “butterflies,” who is trained to kill and who befriends M.K.
- Marton Csokas as Quinn: The most powerful baron in the Badlands, who spent his youth patrolling the Badlands and killing. Once a great fighter, he now reigns in power, and nobody who crosses him lives to tell the tale.
On July 11, 2014, it was announced that AMC gave a straight-to-series order to the then tentatively titled Badlands, based on the classic Chinese tale Journey Into the West, written by Al Gough and Miles Millar, and set to be executive produced by Gough, Millar, Daniel Wu, Stacy Sher, and Michael Shamberg. On November 24, 2014, David Dobkin was announced as the director for all six episodes, as well as serving as an executive producer. As well as Emily Beecham's casting as The Widow, Sarah Bolger as Jade, and Oliver Stark as Ryer. On December 19, 2014, Daniel Wu was announced as the lead character, Sunny. On January 22, 2015, Orla Brady joined the cast as Lydia. On April 15, 2015 Aramis Knight was cast as M.K., Madeleine Mantock as Veil, and Ally Ioannides as Tilda. On May 4, 2015, Marton Csokas was announced to be portraying Quinn.
- ↑ Into The Badlands - Officially Renewed for a 2nd Season - SpoilerTV
- ↑ AMC Global Nabs International Rights to Daniel Wu’s ‘Into the Badlands’ - Variety
- ↑ AMC (@AMC_TV) - Twitter
- ↑ AMC Gives Straight-To-Series Order To Martial Arts Drama ‘Badlands’ - Deadline
- ↑ AMC’S MARTIAL ARTS DRAMA SERIES “INTO THE BADLANDS” TO PREMIERE SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 15th AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT - AMC Networks
- ↑ Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series ‘Badlands’ - Deadline
- ↑ Orla Brady Joins ‘Badlands'; Christina Jackson In ‘Outsiders’ - Deadline
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 David Dobkin To Direct ‘Badlands’ AMC Series; Emily Beecham, Sarah Bolger Cast - Deadline
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 AMC Series ‘Into The Badlands’ Casts Trio - Deadline
- ↑ Marton Csokas Joins ‘Into The Badlands’ On AMC - Deadline